- Artist/ Creator
- Alessandro Vittoria (attributed)
- 2nd half 16th century
- h. 47,5 cm
This figure was part of the collection confiscated from the heirs of Emma Budge.
The figure was part of a collection belonging to Emma Budge, born Emma Ranette Lazarus (1852-1937), daughter of a Jewish businessman from Hamburg. After marrying Henry Budge, an American, she adopted his nationality. After her death in 1937, her art collection was confiscated by the German regime and sold at Paul Graupe auction house in Berlin.
On 16 March 2018 the Restitutions Committee gave binding advice to restitute this sculpture to the legal successors of its former owner.
- Before 1937-09-27
- Emma Budge (collection), Hamburg
Museum inventory; D. Hannema, Beschrijvende catalogus van de schilderijen, beeldhouwwerken,aquarellen en drawings behorende tot de verzameling van de Stichting Hannema-De Stuers Fundatie in het Kasteel ’t Nijenhuis bij Heino.Overijssel, Rotterdam 1967, p. 117, no. 547; see P. Graupe cat., Berlin, 27 September 1937, no. 124 (ill.)
- Paul Graupe (auction), Berlin
Museum inventory; see P. Graupe cat., Berlin, 27 September 1937, no. 124 (ill.)
- ? - c. 1948
- Charles De Stuers (collection)
- c. 1948-1952
- Verwerving museum (Dr. D. Hannema) van Ch. De Stuers
- 1952 <> present day
- Museum de Fundatie (Stichting Hannema de Stuers Fundatie)